We are the law firm to whom clients turn when stakes are highest. Whether your liberty or professional license is at risk, our attorneys have the experience critical to a successful defense. While traditional law firms may hire a handful of individuals with former government experience, our deep bench of highly-respected, former prosecutors and government officials is what sets us apart; it is the core of who we are as a law firm.
We are former Federal and State prosecutors and regulators with the experience, inside knowledge, and credibility to efficiently navigate, defend, and favorably resolve government investigations and enforcement actions. Our team includes:
- Three former New Jersey / New York Assistant United States Attorneys
- Former Trial Attorney with the United States Department of Justice, Fraud Section
- New Jersey’s former First Assistant Attorney General, the State’s second-highest ranking prosecutor
- Two former Governor-appointed and Senate-confirmed Directors of the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs
- Former Chief of the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, Healthcare and Securities Fraud Sections
- Three former New Jersey Deputy Attorneys General with experience in criminal, healthcare, and securities matters
- Former New York Assistant District Attorney with extensive experience in New York criminal and investigatory matters
Our exceptional track record serving both our corporate and individual clients in resolving criminal and civil government enforcement actions and protecting professional licensees speaks for itself. We are regularly called upon to defend matters brought by:
- United States Department of Justice
- United States Attorneys’ Offices
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- New Jersey and New York Attorneys General
- New Jersey County Prosecutors and New York District Attorneys
- State Licensing Boards
While many of our engagements in this area cannot be made public, recent representations include:
- Successfully obtaining dismissal of criminal charges against a physician in a multi-million dollar kickback prosecution conducted by the New Jersey Attorney General and Insurance Fraud Prosecutor.
- Representing the Senior Vice President of a multi-national seafood conglomerate under investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, for Sherman Act violations.
- Defending the Chief Executive Officer of a fragrance company against federal trade-based money laundering charges by the U.S. Attorney’s Office arising from international commerce.
- Representing the Chief Executive Officer, other senior executives, and board members of a banking institution in a federal fraud investigation conducted by the FBI, FDIC, and U.S. Attorney’s Office.
- Defending a construction company and its senior executives in a U.S. Department of Transportation and U.S. Attorney’s Office investigation into minority- and women-owned business enterprise fraud, resulting in no charges.
- Representing Fortune 50 global telecommunications company in a consumer fraud investigation by the New Jersey Attorney General and Division of Consumer Affairs.
- Defending family medicine physician before the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs and State Board of Medical Examiners against allegations of indiscriminate prescribing.
- Successfully resolving patient-care allegations prosecuted by the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs and State Board of Medical Examiners against a physician.
- Successfully represented one of the nation’s largest investment banks in response to a multi-year investigation by the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs and Bureau of Securities; the case was ultimately closed without further action.
- Defending an investment fund against consumer fraud allegations brought by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and New York Attorney General.
- Successfully obtaining deferred prosecution and eventual dismissal of a physician charged with accepting bribes and kickbacks by New Jersey’s Insurance Fraud Prosecutor.
- Negotiating a non-prosecution agreement on behalf of a non-profit agency and its officers accused of federal tax evasion, theft of government funds, and fraud.
- Representing a licensed securities professional in an SEC investigation concerning violations of the Exchange Act and Investment Company Act.
- Representing seafood company employees in an environmental crime investigation conducted by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and U.S. Department of Justice, Environmental Crimes Section.
- Defending a former Department of Defense contract specialist in connection with bribery and kickback charges brought by the U.S. Department of Defense – Criminal Investigative Services and the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
- Represented crewmembers of international shipping companies in investigations and prosecutions by the EPA, United States Coast Guard, and U.S. Department of Justice, Environmental Crimes Section, for violations of the Act to Prevent Pollution from Ships.
- Represented an employee of a national environmental testing laboratory in a false claims investigation conducted by the New Jersey Attorney General.
- Defending a key employee of a global commodity trader in an investigation by the FBI and U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of New York.
- Represented an employee of an airline parts manufacturer in a U.S. Department of Transportation and U.S. Attorney’s Office fraud investigation.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of New York criminal charges against a New York City celebrity restaurateur for weapons offenses.
- Represented a witness in the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of New York, investigation and prosecution of the Majority Leader of the New York State Senate.
- Represented a prominent healthcare provider in avoiding federal and state tax fraud charges.