When undertaking internal investigations and legal compliance reviews, experience and credibility matter. It is why corporations, governmental entities, and non-profits hire us when confronted with significant internal irregularities, allegations of impropriety, and compliance issues.
As former Federal and State prosecutors and regulators, we have conducted and supervised hundreds of investigations. We proceed with discretion, but thoroughly, to uncover, gather, and analyze information from individuals and documents on claims of:
- Breaches of fiduciary duty
- Healthcare fraud
- False claims
- Money laundering
- Violations of government contract regulations
- Violations of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Privacy and data issues
We make independent assessments and recommendations to our clients, and develop and help implement personalized, effective compliance programs, understanding that prompt and proactive crisis management can reinforce a company’s credibility with law enforcement agencies, regulators, licensing boards, and the investment community. With the right compliance approach, early and aggressive action can also mitigate or altogether eliminate exposure.
While many of our engagements in this area cannot be made public, recent representations include:
- Representing international technology, Thoroughbred horse racing, and real estate development conglomerate, conducting internal investigation into allegations of financial and other malfeasance by former corporate officer.
- Conducted internal investigations for multiple, major U.S. cities faced with allegations of bribery, breaches of fiduciary duty, theft, and fraud.
- Coordinated the development and implementation of an Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Bribery and Corruption compliance program for international celebrity jeweler and affiliated companies in New York and Geneva.
- Developed and implemented comprehensive compliance programs for multiple healthcare entities with sensitivity to federal and state anti-bribery and industry-governing statutes and regulations.
- Developed Anti-Bribery and Corruption compliance program for engineering firm in wake of New Jersey Attorney General corruption probe.